We all love music and usually maintain quite an extensive collection of it. However, there are times when you discover great new artists, bands and tracks from seemingly random music and you get new avenues to explore. Local radio stations are often quite limited and usually limit themselves to the top tracks only. Internet radio services come to the rescue! Pandora Radio is one such service. While you can access from their website, you don’t get all the benefits of a dedicated app as in smartphones. However, not all hope is lost as there are ways to get it up and running on your PC.
Read More: Powercam for PC – Download for Free!
Pandora Radio – The Service
As with other Internet radio services, the tracks are live streamed from their servers and you will need Internet connection for it to work. You start off by selecting your favorite bands, artists and tracks and create a radio station. Based on that, the service will suggest you similar music which you might like. Tracks served up can be skipped at will and can be rated as well. The ratings help Pandora better their music suggestions for you over time. The tracks can even be purchased from within the app or bookmarked for later listening. The app allows you to share the track you are listening to via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or simply share via your Pandora profile. Pandora lets you follow others about what tracks they are listening to and get updates. If you decide to remain with the free option, you will get plenty of ads served up but if you pay for the service, you can easily get rid of it.
Thus, the app can be your perfect companion to find new music which suites your taste from what you listen and also from whom you follow. Time to see how you can get it running on your PC.
Pandora For PC
In order to get Pandora Radio app on your PC, you need Android emulator on your PC. Bluestacks is one such emulator that lets you run Android apps and game and lets you have access to Google play store (which is needed to the able to install the apps). Let us have a look at the steps involved in the process:
Read More:Dead Trigger 2 For PC
- Get Bluestacks setup!
- Run the installer which will install the Bluestack on your system.
- Once finished, set certain preferences such as your default language.
- Once done, you will be prompted to input your Google account credentials. Your Gmail ID and password will do as well.
- Once done, you will be at the home screen of Bluestacks. On the top search bar, type “Pandora” and search for it.
- It will take you to the play store page where you will see the official app from Pandora. Click on “Install” button to install the app.
- Once finished, come back to the home screen and click on app’s icon to launch it.
That’s it! You should be good to go and enjoy some new music to your taste!