SoundHound is the application that comes to your rescue when you are listening to some unknown song and you don’t know what its name is or who the artist is. We know that SoundHound for Android is available but have you even wondered of downloading SoundHound for PC. There’s no official PC client for the app but there is one simple method that you can use to download the app on your computer.
As there is no official SoundHound PC app, we are going to use an Android emulator on our computer. This emulator software will create a suitable environment for Android apps on our PC so that they can run smoothly. By using one of such emulators, we will be able to download and install SoundHound for PC. So read this article and follow the steps to download the SoundHound application on your computer.
SoundHound for PC – Features:
If you think that with the application, you can only identify the music and get all the details about the song, then you are wrong as you can do a lot with the application. It has been downloaded on over 200 million devices and that is proof enough for its popularity.
- Music Recognition: The application recognizes the music playing around you. Just open the tab and identify the song and get all its details.
- Lyrics: Now when you are listening to a song and you like it but can’t make out the words of the song then you can use the app to get the lyrics of the song and sing along with the beat.
- Headlines: The Headlines in SoundHound application brings you the latest news from the music world like the latest songs, the current favorite artists and other such things.
- Social Media Updates: You can follow your favorite artists and get all the real-time updates from them on Facebook and Twitter right within the application.
There are only a few of the features of SoundHound application and there are still lots more in the app. So you can download SoundHound for PC and get access to all the features of the app.
Steps to Download SoundHound for PC:
As I said earlier, you need to first download and install an Android emulator on your computer. The best one out there is BlueStacks and we are going to use it to install the app on our computer. So let’s get started.
- First of all, go here and download the app player.
- Once downloaded, install the player on your computer. Now launch the app player and you will see a search box on the dashboard.
- Type in “SoundHound” in the search box and then hit the find button. You will then get some search results on your screen.
- Choose the first one from Google Play Store and click on the install button.
- Now follow the instructions on screen and accept all terms and conditions and then hit the Install button.
- The download process will start and the application will now be installed on your computer.
That’s it! You have now successfully installed the music recognition app on your computer. You can now start using the app to search for the details of the songs and about their artists.
To launch the SoundHound app on your computer, you need to launch BlueStacks again and on the dashboard or in the “My Apps” section, you will see the app’s icon. Click on the icon and the app will now open on your computer screen. Now you can start identifying the songs that you like.
I hope that you liked my post on how to download SoundHound for PC so please share it with your friends by hitting the Like, Tweet and +1 button!