A couple of years back, everyone out there owned a Blackberry smartphone, and were addicted to BBM (Blackberry Messenger). It was one of the first instant messaging application out there, and was Blackberry’s pride as well. The speed, functionality and utility of the BBM messenger made it a hot trend back in those days.
However, if you look today, you might see a person with a Blackberry smartphone rarely, too rarely. Android, iOS and Windows Phone smartphones have pretty much taken the place that Blackberry had in the smartphones industry one day. And similarly, BBM has been replaced by cross platform applications like WhatsApp, WeChat, iMessage, Snapchat etc.
As Blackberry is trying to bring back the pace of their smartphone sales, they are also trying to bring back the lost glory for the BBM messenger as well. And as a move towards this goal, Blackberry released the BBM messenger both on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, making the BBM messenger compatible to both Android and iOS smartphones.
Features of BBM for PC: (BlackBerry Messenger for PC)
The latest BBM messenger application for Android and iOS, does not replicate any of the design elements of the BBM messenger that we all knew, from a few years back. Instead, the BBM messenger for Android and iOS closely resembles the BB10 software. Therefore, using the BBM messenger, which is specially built to work well with software gestures of the BB10 operating system, on an Android or iOS smartphone might require a learning curve.
Technically speaking, there is pretty much no feature available on BBM, that its new generation counterparts, such as WhatsApp messenger, Telegram or iMessage doesn’t offer. However, people who enjoyed texting and chatting with the BBM messenger back in those days, will enjoy the BBM application for Android and iOS as well.
Even though, BBM is now available for both Android and iOS. There are no apparent ways to use the BBM messenger on a Windows PC. And if you are interested in downloading and installing the BBM for PC, then below is how you can do the same.
Steps to Download BBM for PC:
- Download and install the Bluestacks Android Emulator from us website. Bluestacks is an Android Emulator that will let you download, install and use certain qualified Android apps on your PC.
- Once you install the Bluestacks Android Emulator app on your PC, launch the application.
- If you are using the Bluestacks Android Emulator app for the first time now, you will need to login to the Bluestacks Android Emulator using your Google Account login credentials.
- Once you login to the Bluestacks Android Emulator app, navigate to the search bar which can be found at the top.
- Type and search for “BBM Messenger“, without quotes, in the provided search bar.
- You will be resulted with the link to download BBM messenger directly from the Google Play Store to your PC.
- Follow the on screen procedures to complete the installation process.
- Now you have successfully finished downloading and installing the BBM Messenger for PC. You can access it anytime.
Recommended: Download Facebook Messenger app
You have now successfully downloaded BBM for PC and you can now use it to chat with your contacts from your computer directly. So go now and download the application and do share with us how do you like it!