Snapchat is a quite different media sharing application, when compared to other similar offerings and the concept behind Snapchat feels fresher and unique than the other popular offerings. However, even Snapchat is not perfect. Bugs and controversies have also affected Snapchat to a large extend.
The basic concept of Snapchat is to instantly share pictures and videos, also termed “Snaps” to your Snapchat contacts. The user interface of Snapchat is rather simple, and consists of a rather large capture button in the middle and a button at the top right corner to toggle between cameras.
You can either capture your favorite moments as photos to share via Snapchat, or you can take videos up to a maximum length of 15 seconds by tapping and holding the capture button as well.
Features of Snapchat for PC:
There are also other options such as filters, text toggles and also an ability to download a copy of the photos that you take with Snapchat to your device. And one of the most important feature of Snapchat is the timer, which can be set by tapping on the clock on the button on the screen. You can configure the timer between 1-10 seconds. And once you send any photo or video to your contact, and once he/she receives it, it only stays in their device for the time that you have specified. And if they do not view or save the photos or videos within your desired time frame, then the file you send is simply gone, forever!
There is a set of six different filters, ready to be applied on to the photos you capture. However, if you are a power Instagram or Flickr user, these filters may not surprise you. And unlike Instagram, you are not allowed to add filters to videos as well. Video editing with Snapchat is quite limited.
If you are interested to download and use the Snapchat messenger application on your PC, then today we are here with a detailed installation guide that will teach you the processes required to install the Snapchat messenger on your PC.
Installation Steps to Download Snapchat for PC:
Below is the detailed guide on how to install Snapchat for PC easily without any hassles:
- First of all, you will need to download and install the Bluestacks Android Emulator (from this link) to your PC. This is an Android Emulator, that will help you in running selected Android apps on your PC without any hassles.
- Once you complete downloading and installing the Bluestacks Android Emulator on your PC, launch the application.
- A new window will appear.
- You will now need to login to the Bluestacks Android Emulator using your Google account login credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged into the Bluestacks Android Emulator, the next thing you have to do is to search for Snapchat.
- To do the same, you can type in the keyword “Snapchat” in the search box that will be provided at the top corner of the Bluestacks Android Emulator.
- Once you find the Snapchat Android app, download it and install it.
- Once it is installed successfully on your PC, you can then run the Snapchat messenger application by launching the Bluestacks Android Emulator app.
With this simple guide and Bluestacks emulator, you will be able to easily download SnapChat application for computer. So if you liked the article then I would be glad if you could share the post with your friends and let them know too about the way to download SnapChat for PC!